More local food in more North Country schools is a win for our region's farms, school kids and families.
Schools participating in Drive for 25 Farm to School programs are working with area farms to create local food menus -- like this NY Thursday lunch enjoyed by Watertown students last month:
- Roast beef: Donahue Farms, Malone
- Mashed potatoes: Bush Gardens, Carthage
- Roasted butternut squash: Martin's Farmstand & Big Spoon Kitchen, Potsdam
- Empire apple: Fruit Valley Orchards, Oswego
- Zucchini cake: North Star Food Hub, Watertown