Basics & Beyond for Small Business Buyers Virtual Training Series
Have you always wanted to own a small business, but find the idea of starting from scratch daunting? Perhaps buying an existing small business is the best path forward.
Want to know more? Join us for CBIT's Basics & Beyond for Small Business Buyers training series. Tuesday evening & Wednesday morning options are available for each of three 1.5 hour sessions. Mix and match as needed to complete each session!
- Session 1: May 31, 5:30-7:00 p.m. or June 1, 7:30-9:00 a.m.
- Session 2: June 14, 5:30-7:00 p.m. or June 15, 7:30-9:00 a.m.
- Session 3: June 28, 5:30-7:00 p.m. or June 29, 7:30-9:00 a.m.
During our free, three-part virtual training series, we’ll get you up to speed on the small business buying process and the current business transition environment.
In the training, we’ll cover:
- The State of Small Business Transitions. What are the trends around recent small business sales - Who’s buying, who’s selling and for how much?
- Prepping to Buy a Small Business. What can you do now to buy and manage a successful small business in the future?
- Finding Businesses for Sale. Where do you look for a small business to buy? Many Sellers don’t have their businesses publicly ‘on the market’ - How do you find them?
- The Vetting of Businesses and Buyers. You’ll need to learn a lot about any business you’re interested in buying and a Seller will want to learn about you - What does that process look like?
- Business Valuation Basics. We’ll cover ‘rule of thumb’ valuations to understand how a small business is valued - Let’s make sure you’re not paying too much!
- Financing Options. What funding sources are available and how do you prepare? There may be more options than you think.
- Due Diligence & Legal Considerations. The not-so-glamorous but oh-so-important aspects of buying a small business.
- Your Buyer Profile. You’ll create a Buyer Profile to match you with available businesses you may want to learn more about (optional).
Thank you to our partners
Thank you to the CBIT partner organizations and community liaisons who make opportunities like this possible: Franklin County Economic Development Corp., Hamilton County Economic Development, Lewis County Economic Development, St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce, Saranac Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce, and Greater Watertown-North Country Chamber of Commerce.
This program is brought to you with additional support from our partners in training at EDC Warren County, Ti-Alliance, LivingADK, the Inlet Area Business Association, and Central Adirondack Association.
Marketing and promotional support provided by The North Country Chamber of Commerce.
Questions about the training series may be directed to the CBIT team at email@example.com.
Photo: Alicia and Joe Vilardo successfully purchased the Circle Court Motel in Ticonderoga with the support of the Center for Businesses in Transition partnership.